Meditations for peace
Every morning, when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand-new hours to live. What a precious gift! We have the capacity to live in a way that these twenty-four hours will bring peace, joy, and happiness to ourselves and others.
— Thich Nhat Hanh
Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there's always something we could be grateful for.
— Barry Neil Kaufman
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
You cannot find peace by avoiding life.
— Virginia Woolf
In the midst of global crises such as pollution, wars and famine, kindness may be too easily dismissed as a 'soft' issue, or a luxury to be addressed after the urgent problems are solved. But kindness is the greatest need in all those areas -- kindness toward the environment, toward other nations, toward the needs of people who are suffering. Until we reflect basic kindness in everything we do, our political gestures will be fleeting and fragile.
Simple kindness may be the most vital key to the riddle of how human beings can live with each other in peace, and care properly for this planet we all share.
— Bo Lozoff
The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.
— Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
Namaste. I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides... a place of light, of love, of truth, of peace, of wisdom. I honor the place in you where when you are in that place and I am in that place there is only one of us.
— Mohandas K. Gandhi
10 Secrets for success and inner peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer
1. Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.
2. Don’t die with your music still in you.
3. You can’t give away what you don’t have, but you can change your life by changing what’s inside if you’re willing to go that extra mile.
4. Embrace silence.
5. Give up your personal history. Live your life more fully in the present.
6. You can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it. Change your thoughts, and you change what you carry around in your head as problems.
7. There are no justified resentments.
8. Treat yourself as if you already are what you’d like to be.
9. Treasure your divinity.
10. Choose to avoid thoughts that weaken you, and you will know true wisdom.